Shaping the future of payments 📐
Koku is reimagining the way in which businesses handle payments. Cross-border payments cut too much into business' margins. We're changing this at Koku. We were founded with one mission in mind: to enhance financial solutions and empower lives, and we are committed to making financial services fairer, faster and more accessible to the world.
Our Culture 🕺🏼💃🏼
Passionate problem-solvers with bold personalities and a small ego are welcome. This is not just about taking a job with a title. This is about building something meaningful. We'll cut to the chase — working here isn’t for everyone. We move fast and we seek people with initiative. You’ll work alongside the most talented and driven individuals who value the autonomy and freedom to experiment. You'll be on our team not only because you're competent at what you do, but also because you share our vision and you're excited to share your opinions to design and build better payments experiences for our customers.
The Opportunity 🤘
From 3 members in December 2016 to a team of over 20 members currently, Koku's exciting growth is expected to continue on this trajectory. We are targeting to grow beyond 30 members by the end of 2018 to support our overseas expansion plans. As we establish more operational bases in the APAC region, we are looking for an experienced Operations Manager who is committed and driven to push us to an unprecedented level of operational excellence.
If you are a passionate individual who strives to learn continually, takes pride and ownership in your work, and you are confident of your knowledge and expertise in driving operational efficiency through strategic and tactical executions, we want you! Be the main driver behind building the foundations of our new bases overseas.
While you are based in Singapore, the impact of your work will be spread across all of Koku's regional bases, as you collaborate and coordinate with operational team leaders across all offices to strategize and execute plans. In short, you will play a key role in ensuring that Koku punches above its weight and operates like a well-oiled machine that supports our growing team and the ever-expanding client base.
Things you'll do 💪
- Working with management to set up operational processes, service levels, and consistency across Koku's offices in APAC
- Ensuring that Koku’s processes are in line with local business requirements
- Coordinating closely with Legal, Compliance, Business Units for any legal documentations and agreements pertaining to regulatory, brokers and vendors
- Handling end-to-end operations such as trade processing, settlements, reconciliation including resolution of client queries and issues
- Maintaining relationships with various of our counterparties
- Identifying and measuring key operational risks and challenges, and propose risk mitigation methods to contain identified risks
- Performing daily and/ or monthly reporting and data analytics for NAV accountings and valuations
- Executing go-to-market strategies for onboarding, go-live of new services or expansion of existing services into existing or new markets
- Guiding the functional line of service teams
Skills you'll need 🚀
- Recognized degree in any one or a combination of these specializations – Banking/ Finance/ Accountancy/ Computing
- Deep understanding of Regulatory framework
- Min. 5+ years or more in the Operations environment within the financial institutions
- Good product knowledge of FX/OTC derivatives
- Excellent understanding of operational workflow
- Diligent and high attention to detail
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- An expert in identifying and mitigating risks
- Good knowledge of IT product management lifecycle
- Good spoken English and Mandarin to liaise with Chinese associates within the regions
- Strong project management and experience to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong inclination to collaborate within and across teams
- Inspire participation and encourage active contribution amongst team members
- Perceptive with the ability to understand and empathize with different and potentially, conflicting points of views
- Tactful and effectively handles difficult requests
- A desire to work in and adapt to a dynamic environment
- Highly disciplined and able to work with limited supervision and deliver on tight deadlines