Shaping the future of payments 📐
Koku is reimagining the way in which businesses handle payments. Cross-border payments cut too much into business' margins. We're changing this at Koku. We were founded with one mission in mind: to enhance financial solutions and empower lives, and we are committed to making financial services fairer, faster and more accessible to the world.
Our Culture 🕺🏼💃🏼
Passionate problem-solvers with bold personalities and a small ego are welcome. This is not just about taking a job with a title. This is about building something meaningful. We'll cut to the chase — working here isn’t for everyone. We move fast and we seek people with initiative. You’ll work alongside the most talented and driven individuals who value the autonomy and freedom to experiment. You'll be on our team not only because you're competent at what you do, but also because you share our vision and you're excited to share your opinions to design and build better payments experiences for our customers.
The Opportunity 🤘
This role reports to the CEO and ensuring the business operations of the company meet all regulatory and legal requirements from the relevant regulatory authorities.
Things you'll do 💪
- Primary resource for all compliance related matters
- Implement compliance strategy, policies, procedures and controls
- Be the subject matter expert and partner with the stakeholders across functions to determine compliance priorities and to monitor, analyse and report suspicious activities
- Handle client onboarding matters like KYC & CDD
- Regulatory liaison and analysis
- Develop and carry out compliance awareness and refresher training for team members
Skills you'll need 🚀
- Bachelor’s degree (law degree good to have) with minimum 5 years of working experience
- Expert knowledge of AML & CFT requirements
- Ability to approach regulatory / compliance requirements from a business point of view and come out with practical solutions
- Experience communicating with regulators and law enforcement agencies
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision
- High integrity, ensuring that business is conducted in an ethical manner
- Knowledge of the markets and regulatory framework that Koku operates in
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as good interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver Compliance training as required
- A desire to work for a fast paced startup and ability to adapt to a changing, fluid and collaborative environment