Business Analyst (1 year contract)
Shaping the future of payments 📐
Koku is reimagining the way in which businesses handle payments. Cross-border payments cut too much into business' margins. We're changing this at Koku. We were founded with one mission in mind: to enhance financial solutions and empower lives, and we are committed to making financial services fairer, faster and more accessible to the world.
Our Culture 🕺🏼💃🏼
Passionate problem-solvers with bold personalities and a small ego are welcome. This is not just about taking a job with a title. This is about building something meaningful. We'll cut to the chase — working here isn’t for everyone. We move fast and we seek people with initiative. You’ll work alongside the most talented and driven individuals who value the autonomy and freedom to experiment. You'll be on our team not only because you're competent at what you do, but also because you share our vision and you're excited to share your opinions to design and build better payments experiences for our customers.
The Opportunity 🤘
Put your analytical skills to the test as one of Koku's first business analysts! We are looking for organised individuals who are excellent at gathering, prioritizing, communicating technical and functional requirements.
This role requires you to work closely with various stakeholders within and outside the company to identify constraints and issues, and be on your feet to improve processes and manage project milestones.
Things you'll do 💪
- Gather, scope and draft users stories
- To act as a liaison between business and technology teams to identify gaps and ensure business project needs are met with technology solutions
- Attend business requirement meetings with clients
- Develop user guides and coordinate trainings
- Track project milestones and deliverables, and provide regular progress reports
- Conduct and coordinate system testing to ensure defects / issues are raised
- Notify project team on critical issues
- Provide clients’ feedback to product team
Skills you'll need 🚀
- Diploma/Degree in Information Technology or relevant qualifications with at least 1 year of working experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Experience working with Software Development projects
- Experience using project management tools such as Jira or equivalent
- Excellent command of written and verbal English and Chinese to laise with Chinese associates
- Experience in facilitating workshops and brainstorming sessions to gather business requirements
- Possess good analytical and planning aptitude
- Meticulous and attention to detail
- Resonate with our mission to make financial services fairer, faster and more accessible to the world
- Inquisitive with an analytical mind to understand the various facets of developing a product, from technical requirements to business decisions
- Empathetic with our customers' pain points and base your decisions upon solving their problems
- Unafraid of challenging the team if you feel something can be done in a better way
- Communicative, fun and open-minded to work together with